Fixate Tomato Soup
It may not quite be time for soup in SoCal with the 105 degree days but this one even tastes yummy cold!!! Perfect side for a grilled cheese too and the babes and toddlers will love it too! Besides, who wants that sodium filled soup in a can anyway!?!
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ medium onion, chopped
5 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 tsp. lemon pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
4. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and gently boil for 15 minutes.
5. Place soup and lemon pepper (if desired) in a blender or food processor; in 2 or more batches, if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel, blend until smooth.
6. Portion into 4 serving bowls. (Fix containers: 1 green, 1/2 red, 1 tsp. per serving)
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Post a Comment