Tongue Twister, can you say it?
Paleo Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
I love pumpkin, protein AND pancakes so this is a marriage made in heaven! Enjoy!
- 1 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop vanilla Shakeology
- 2 tbsp organic milled flax
- 2 tbsp organic honey (or splenda/stevia)
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- stir in/dissolve the pumpkin into the egg whites & add the honey
- mix dry ingredients separately & add to the wet ingredients
- heat pan or griddle on medium low heat (4 out of 10) and coat with organic coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter onto your cooking surface
- once it bubbles up, use a spatula to flip it over & cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 min on the other side
a griddle is ideal, but when i cook these individually in a pan, i put the pancakes on a piece of foil in the oven on warm as soon as each one is finished so they are all hot & fresh when i'm ready to eat them!
Post a Comment