I'm a full time mom with a few part time jobs and a passion for anything and everything fun, fitness & family!
Sunday, November 16, 2014
Banana Nut Porridge
½ cup raw cashews
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup raw pecans
1 very ripe banana (makes it easier to digest plus adds a little more sweetness)
2 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of sea salt for soaking water
1. Place the nuts in a large bowl and sprinkle the sea salt over them. Fill the bowl with filtered water so the
nuts are covered by at least 1 inch of water. Cover and soak overnight.
2. Drain the nuts and rinse 2 or 3 times, until the water runs clear.
3. Add the drained nuts to a food processor or highspeed blender. Blend the nuts with the banana, coconut
milk, and cinnamon until smooth.
4. Divide it into bowls and microwave for 40 seconds or put all of the porridge in a pot on the stove and
heat over mediumhigh heat for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with raisins, chopped nuts, and an extra splash of milk if desired.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment