This is one of my favorite meals to make for dinner. I love sweet potatoes and chicken and my family loves it too! The fries are sweet but healthy and the chicken is light but packed with protein! If you're in a rush, pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store, peel the breast and serve it with a spinach salad and the sweet potato fries :)
- 4-6oz skinless chicken breast
- whole sweet potato
- 2-3 cups of spinach
1. I marinate my chicken breast in balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and no salt seasoning (Mrs. Dash or Kirkland Organic No Salt Seasoning from Costco)
2. Place the chicken on a rack or cookie sheet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until thoroughly
cooked to your liking at 400 degrees. Then begin to work on your sweet potato.
3. Wash well and cut into strips. Either toss them in a tiny amount of olive or melted coconut oil or spray them with olive oil spray. Toss them in no salt seasoning. Then place them on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and cook at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
4. While the chicken and sweet potato are cooking you can cook your spinach in a pan with a small amount of water or make a salad with it using baby spinach leaves, sliced mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion. Dress with red wine vinaigrette and lime juice.
Post a Comment