Low Carb Low Cal Turkey Meat Loaf
1 pack of Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey
2 tbsp of minced garlic
3 to 4 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or thin sliced cheese (provolone, mozzarella, etc)
3/4 cup marinara
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown chopped onions and garlic. Set aside.
3. Add turkey, onions, garlic, 1/2 cup of marinara sauce & breadcrumbs into large mixing bowl. Mix or fold to blend ingredients
4. Place about 1/3 of the mixture on a greased cookie sheet and spread out to shape the bottom of the loaf. It should be about 1/2 thick. Then place the hard boiled eggs on top of that in a row down the center.
5. Place the remainder of the turkey mixture on top and form a loaf. I do this all with my hands. It's just easier!
7. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes to an 1 hour or until lightly browned. Once it is lightly browned, remove it from the oven but leave the oven on. Brush top with 1/4 cup marinara & sprinkle some cheese on top. Cook it for an additional 5 minutes or so until the cheese melts.
8. Let cool, cut and serve.
Post a Comment