Chimichurri is something that I grew up eating. We have always had it at home and my mom makes it better than I've ever tasted. We put it on our asado (an Argentinian style barbecue) and pretty much everything else....bread, chicken, fish, vegetables, salad....you name it, we add chimi to it! With that said, there are a lot of recipes for it but this is how we make it. Hope you enjoy it and become as addicted as we are to it! If you make it, take a pic and tag me in it! I'm on Facebook and Instagram @fit_fluential_mom
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup oil (see below for the types best to use)
- 1/3 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- The ingredients above are a rough estimate. Taste it and alter them as you go for the taste you desire. It's hard to mess this up! It's easy and delicious. Now, here ya go!
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a food processor or blender.
- Stir in the oil.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature.
- Refrigerate what is not used.
- As long as you don't use olive or coconut oil, it will stay in the fridge for at least a few weeks. My mom, born and raised in Argentina, always makes hers with vegetable oil so I do the same. She and I make plenty in advance since I add it to virtually everything I eat (hey I was born in Argentina!) including steak, seafood, poultry, salads, vegetables, etc!
Post a Comment