This is one of my favorite recipes next to my Crockpot salsa chicken which is very similar, minus the veggies and tomatoes.
All you need for this are a few ingredients, a crock pot and 6 hours! I make a LOT of chicken because I meal prep this for the week so adjust the quantity accordingly.
PREP: 10 MIN COOK: 6 HOURS ON HIGH
--4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced thin
--1/2 container of your favorite salsa
--1 can chopped Italian tomatoes
--2 small sliced onions
--2 sliced tomatoes
--Fresh squeezed lemon juice
--Seasoning of choice. I use coconut lime seasoning from Sam's club or No salt seasoning from Costco. Both are delish!
(optional: fresh lime wedges for serving)
1. Place a layer of chicken breasts in a slow cooker and sprinkle seasoning on top. Then squeeze a lemon and layer tomatoes, onions, salsa and italian canned tomatoes on top.
2. Repeat this step until you use all of the chicken. If you have anything left over (tomatoes, onions or a little extra salsa, just pour it on top)
3. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours (or low for 8 hours), or until the chicken comes apart easily with a fork.
4. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chicken also freezes well so freeze whatever you don't use
5. Serve with vegetables, as tacos with tortillas, over quinoa or rice, with pasta, over a salad or by itself. It is delish either way. And you can add any veggies you'd like such as mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
*To make it the cleanest way possible, use no salt seasoning, low sodium canned tomatoes and organic salsa.
Post a Comment