These are one of my favorite snacks to have on hand. I make them once or twice a week and keep them in the refrigerator so I have something healthy to eat when hunger strikes. They're high in protein, low in fat, low in carbs, clean and gluten free if you happen to be eating that way too! The recipe is below but the best part about these is that you can add anything you'd like to them!
Egg & Veggie Protein Squares
1 carton of egg whites (or 12 egg whites)
1 cup of spinach
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 cups steamed Normandy Vegetable blend (comes frozen from Costco & consists of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots & squash)
1/4 cup feta cheese (If desired. Sometimes I don't use it...)
1. Preheat the oven to 425
2. Spray the baking dish with olive oil to prevent from sticking
3. Pour one carton of egg white (or 12 large egg whites) into the baking dish
4. Add the spinach, veggies blend, cilantro and anything else you'd like in there! Sometimes I sprinkle feta cheese on top. I also add pico de gallo if I have some on hand. You can literally add anything you want. Some options are chives, onion, tomato, etc.
5. Sprinkle. Mrs Dash salt free seasoning on top for flavor and place in the oven.
6. Cook for 40-60 minutes. This depends on how you like your eggs. I like them very well done and the bottoms and sides crispy so I cook them for about an hour. If you like them softer, 40 minutes should be just fine.
7. Let cool and cut into squares.
8. If you plan to store them in the fridge, place them in a tupperware and they'll be ready to eat.
9. I make a large batch at once so I don't have to make them more than twice a week. My husband, 5 year old daughter and even my 7 month old baby loves these!
If you cut them into squares about 1 inch by 1 inch, each, it makes them bite size and easy to eat. This size they are also only about 25-30 calories each depending on whether you use cheese or not!